Can I have Botox treatment while on the antibiotic Clydamycin for stye infection?

Botox while on Clindamycin

Thank you for your question kristy1976. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Certain antibiotics called aminoglycosides can potentiate the effects of Botox. But Clindamycin is not an aminoglycoside. However, if my patient has an infection in the eye area, I would recommend waiting until the infection has resolved and the antibiotics course has been completed prior to a Botox treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox while on Antibiotics

I suggest waiting until you have finished antibiotic treatment and no longer present with signs of infection before Botox treatment. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox and active Infection

I would defer Botox treatment while you have an active eye infection.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Hello and thank you for your question!

It is not recommended you get Botox while getting treatment for any active infection. I would suggest you wait until the treatment is done and then seek the attention of a certified plastic surgeon so you can begin the evaluation for your desired surgery.

Although the infection might not be in the same are, it is best to avoid any complications this may have, depending on your body's response.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Botox injection while having an infection

I think it would be fine to go ahead and have the Botox injection. However, if you have extensive swelling around the eye, it maybe safer just to wait for the infection to resolve. A physician injector would have to evaluate you before making a decision.

Thank you for your question.  If the desired area of Botox treatment is away from the stye you should be fine to have Botox administered.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation, they can offer you the best advice.  

Botox while having a stye

I do not inject Botox in anyone having a concurrent eye issue as there may be complications from the Botox and will be difficult to determine what is going on so I would wait until the stye is cleared up

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox should be fine

You should be fine to have Botox injected even though you are currently being treated for a stye. However, if you have a lot of local swelling around the affected eye, I personally would wait until it has improved to ensure the Botox does not spread beyond the intended muscle group. Hope this helps!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes that should be ok

Thanks for the question.  I do not know of a contraindication to that.  However, if you have an open wound or infection, I would wait until it is resolved until having Botox injected anywhere near that area.  Consult with your surgeon.  Good Luck

"The above answer has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for actual in-person examination and medical advice; it is only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Can you have Botox injections while being treated for a stye?

Yes, you can receive Botox injections while being treated for the stye (Chalazion). In addition to the oral antibiotics, apply hot compresses to the stye for an hour per day.
Good luck,