Difference between Buccal fat removal and lower face liposuction?

Hi. I am interested in getting one or both of these procedures done because I have a fat face. But I don't understand the difference between these two procedures. Do they target on different areas? Do they reinforce each other? Thanks!

Buccal fat removal or lower face liposuction - differences?

Thank you for asking about your buccal fat removal.
  • Buccal fat removal takes out the fat in the middle of the cheeks with a small incision inside the mouth.
  • It is a standard procedure with good results although it takes at least 6 months to see the final result.
  • Lower face liposuction removes fat in the lower face - it can leave dents, irregularities and nerve damage and is not a standard cosmetic treatment although some surgeons will do it.
  • Neck liposuction removes fat from the upper neck, is a standard treatment and helps define the jaw.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS