Can CoolSculpting (freeze the fat) or another noninvasive procedure be used to eliminate shoulder fat?

I don't have a lot of shoulder fat but I would like my shoulders to be skinnier. What noninvasive procedure would be the most effective for someone who just simply wants skinnier shoulders, since lipo may not be the best option for shoulder fat? Please list some procedures, I like spaghetti strap shirts.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Shoulder Fat and Coolsculpting

There is no adaptor yet devised by coolsculpting for shoulder fat.  The company is working on new adaptors and something may be coming out in the future to help you.

No

Hello - CoolSculpting is not cleared for the shoulder area and there isn't an applicator that could be applied in this area regardless. 

Dominic Castellano, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can CoolSculpting freeze shoulder fat?

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is not designed for shoulder treatments. Perhaps schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Sincerely yours, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thank you for your question.   CoolSculpting is not designed to treat the shoulder area, but rather the abdomen, flanks and thighs.  In addition to CoolSculpting, we offer a non-surgical, radio frequency treatment called Exilis Elite that helps to reduce fat in areas of the body, such as shoulders, knees, arms, as well as the face, which can be difficult to treat with other non-surgical methods. Typically, 3-4 treatments are required spaced about one week apart. Exilis requires no downtime and takes approximately 45-60 per session.   Best of luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Shoulder Contouring -- Best With Energy Based Liposuction

There is a trend for contouring of the arms and shoulders, and I have found the best results are with laser or ultrasound shaping of this area.  Noninvasive devices work very little in this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. It is FDA cleared to treat abdomen and flanks. Fatty tissue which can be pulled away from the body can be treated. It is doubtful that this can happen at the shoulders.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon