Can a patient with a pacemaker do CoolSculpting procedures?

Can a patient with a pacemaker have CoolSculpting done?

As long as the pacemaker is not in the area to be treated with CoolSculpting, there should be no problem with having the procedure done.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
it is typically safe but would check with your cardiologist and can not treat that area

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting and a Pacemaker

Yes, CoolSculpting can be performed on patients with a pacemaker, but should not be performed in the same area as the pacemaker.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and a Pacemaker

Yes, you can have CoolSculpting with a pacemaker. However, it is not recommended to have CoolSculpting in the same area as the pacemaker.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Pacemaker and Coolsculpting

I always tell my patients if they have a specific medical condition such as having a pacemaker to get medical clearance from their internist before proceeding with a procedure.  Please consult with a board certified dermatologist to see if you are indeed a good candidate for coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting with a pacemaker

You should be fine to have the Coolsculpting procedure even with a pacemaker.  I would avoid treating ares in proximity to the pacemaker.  I would also ensure that you share any other medical conditions prior to your treatment so they can guide you as to any additional risks that are involved.

No problem

You should not have any problem undergoing the CoolSculpting procedure if you have a pacemaker. You will want to let the practice that you go to for treatment know in your new patient paperwork as well as verbally during the consultation so that they can have a thorough understanding of your medical history prior to clearing you for treatment. Best of luck.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Thank you for your question. There are no contraindications with CoolSculpting and people who have a pacemaker. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting with a pacemaker

A pacemaker will not be affected by Coolsculpting. You should be safe to proceed as long as the pacemaker itself is not near the treatment site. Best of luck

Can I get CoolSculpting If I Have A Pacemaker?

Usually the pacemaker is located in the upper chest. As long as you are not treating this area then it is OK to get CoolSculpting on other areas of your body. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon