Better to eat before or after CoolSculpting?

I'm a teacher and thus have a very regimented eating schedule (breakfast is always at 6:15, lunch is always at 11:50). I'm having the procedure done right after work next Friday from 4 to 7, which is when I usually have dinner or a snack (if my dinner will later). Will it be better to get a snack on my way to the procedure or should I just wait to eat until it is all done? Thanks.

Cool

There is no definite rule on eating before or after CoolSculpting. Most of our patients eat snacks while watching a movie or reading a book during the treatment. Because patients occasionally feel a little light-headed right after any sort of treatment in a doctor’s office from low blood sugar, I would recommend eating a light meal before the treatment and bringing a few light snacks to eat during the treatment.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
You can eat before, during or after

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Eating and Coolsculpting

Your question is great! I always advise my patients to eat a light meal or bring snacks with them for coolsculpting, especially if they are having more than one area treated.  I also advise patients to drink water during the procedure as well.

Eating before Coolsculpting

Eating before or after the procedure is fine.  My general recommendation is to have a bite to eat or bring some food along with you if you are having multiple procedures.  
Depending on the number of treatment areas, you could be there a long time.  We have brought on more more than one device so we can do 'Dualsculpting' or 'Trisculpting'.  This allows for multiple applicator placed on at the same time and greatly reduce the treatment times.

Food Before Cool Sculpting Treatment

We advise our patients to come on a full stomach or bring something with them. Depending on how many cycles  you are doing that day, you can be in the office several hours. I would suggest bringing a snack with you depending on the time of your appointment and how long you will be there. Good Luck!

David P. Rapaport, MD

Bring a snack

Thank you for your question.  Here at Stillwater Plastic Surgery we have found that patients feel their best during their procedure when they have something to eat prior to their treatment.  Typically, we offer patients something to drink as well as a snack during their procedure if they are interest.  I would suggest contacting the office that is treating you see what they prefer.  Best wishes.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Better to eat before or after CoolSculpting

Clinically it shouldn't make much of a difference. Obviously your comfort is generally what is most important so my recommendation would be that you bring a snack to stay on your eating schedule. I had CoolSculpting performed on myself about 4 months ago and can tell you from experience that it is not something that I would want to do after having a big heavy meal but so long as you are sticking to your regular schedule I would think that you should do fine. I have been most impressed with this technology and have been recommending it to all of my friends and family.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Eating Before or After

It's a good idea to have something in your stomach before the treatment. A treatment is about an hour each area.  It's really up to you. If you have dinner the same time every day, plan ahead and bring some healthy snacks so you keep your routine. Good Luck!

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I would eat before or bring snacks with you so that you can eat during the procedure. Best of luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting

Thanks for the question.  If you need to eat on a regular schedule, I suggest you ask the office if they allow you to eat during the procedure.  Since it is a non-invasive procedure, we allow patients to snack if they desire.  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon