Swelling, numb, itchy and needle pain after 2 weeks of cool sculpting. Any suggestions? (photos)

I rest for 1 week after the treatment and started my exercise of daily power walk of 50 min. Today is day 14 and can still feel numbness, itchy and often needle pain after exercise. I am a bit worried now that those bruises are coming back. I had those condition on the 2nd and 3rd day. By 5th day it was all gone. BUT now day 14, they are back. Is this normal for the swelling and bruises?

Side Effects of Coolsculpting

All of your side effects are normal after a Coolsculpting treatment. If you continue to be concerned please follow up with your treating physician.

Livingston Physician

CoolSculpting post-treatment symptoms

Localized swelling, discoloration and nerve irritation symptoms (itching, numbness, "pins and needles" sensation) are quite common in the first 2-3 weeks after CoolSculpting treatment, but may last a bit longer. These symptoms will resolve on their own, but they should be mentioned in the pre-treatment discussion of potential side effects.

Zeltiq CoolSculpting - Pain, Bruising, Risks?

Thanks for your question. You may want to try wearing compression garments around the treated area. Also taking Benadryl can help with the itching. All of your symptoms are normal. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
this is still normal healing

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Swelling, numb, itchy and needle pain after 2 weeks...

Thank you for your question. Speak with your practitioner regarding your symptoms and possible medications or therapeutic measures to relieve your concerns.

Sincerely yours,  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Pain following cool sculpting.

Hello, and thank you for this question. Some patients do have delayed swelling and bruising. I would recommend some anti-inflammatory medications and we have also found that some light lymphatic type massage may be helpful as well. 

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting treatments lead to permanent fat loss

At this point you can use anti-inflammatories.  Light compression with a waist binder can provide comfort.  Nerve pain may or may not respond to Lyrica.

Pain after coolsculpting

The physical discomfort that you are experiencing doesn't sound atypical for patients who respond with pain post treatment. Some patients experience more discomfort than others and I believe a lot of it has to do with your individual threshold for pain. I myself have been treated on my flanks and abdomen and experienced little to no discomfort on the flanks and a bit of numbness and pins and needles sensitivity in my lower abdomen for 2-3 weeks post treatment I am now 4 months post treatment and must say that I have been extremely impressed with my results.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death.The sensations you are experiencing are not unheard of. Wait a bit and they should resolve. If the symptoms persist, have your doctor evaluate the area treated.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon