Should I have Buccal Fat Removal before or after a Rhinoplasty?

I'm interested in having buccal fat removal and a rhinoplasty in the future. I was planning on having a rhinoplasty first, but do you recommend having buccal fat removal before or after a rhinoplasty to get the best results?

Should I have Buccal Fat Removal before or after a Rhinoplasty? = it doesn't matter #buccalfat #buccalfatremoval #chubbycheeks

Removal of buccal fat and rhinoplasty are two plastic surgery procedures that can be done independently and in any other. The fact that one is performed before the second one or visceversa should not affect the clinical result of each

Buccal fat reduction and rhinoplasty

Thanks for sharing.  Buccal fat reduction and rhinoplasty can be performed together or separately.  If done separately the order does not matter for best results.  Best of luck!

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Evaluation for reduction of buccal fat can be accomplished before rhinoplasty so that both procedures can be done at one time.

These operations can easily be done at one time. Video imaging can give you some idea what to expect if one or both operations are done. If you choose to stagger them the buccal fat pad reduction can be done with local anesthesia.

Buccal fat removal and rhinoplasty

You can have both procedures performed safely at the same time - by doing this, you only undergo one anesthesia time and one recovery time.  Both procedures complement each other and you should have great results.  If you would rather split up the procedures, it does not matter what you do first as far as final results.  Best of luck and hope this information helps!

- Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Buccal fat removal and rhinoplasty - timing of procedures?

Thank you for asking about your rhinoplasty and buccal fat removal.

• These procedures can be done at the same time - if your surgeon knows how to do buccal fat removal.
  • If you do not have a surgeon, look for one who can do both procedures.
  • Otherwise, the timing depends on what is more important to you.
  • If your nose bothers you more, do the rhinoplasty first, 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Buccal fat and rhinoplasty

I have a question for you...what is limiting you from doing both? There are benefits to this, namely, decreased exposure to anesthesia, decreased operating room costs, quicker recovery from both, etc.  Unless there is a particular reason you are holding out on doing one vs the other in a particular order, I would consider doing both at the same time. However, when you go on your consultations, discuss your options with the surgeons and see what they feel most comfortable with.  That being said, if you were seeing me for consult, I would talk to you about possibly doing both at the same time.  Best of luck! I hope this helps.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Buccal fat removal

Consider having a rhinoplasty and buccal fat removal simultaneously.This will limit your anesthesia exposure. Ultimately, meet with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience doing both procedures for an evaluation and recommendations. Best of luck!  

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon