Are my alar rims cut too high? (Photo)

I am day 15. My PS trimmed my alar & RIM to make my nostrils show more & narrowed it. Top picture is photoshopped of how I would like my nose, it looks natural and more like refined version of my original nose. I edited it by bringing the alars down & pushing the tip up. The Bottom pic is how my nose is now, looks too small for my face & alar base too v-shaped. My bf says I look like I have a sneer on my face bcuz my nostrils look high! Nostrils are still swollen, will this change?

Dear honeyfosho, Speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase and what techniques were used during your procedure as well as what  proposed results were discussed. You will see changes over the next few months as swelling dissipates so it is best to try and keep some peace of mind while you recover. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Alar base reductions

Dear honeyfosho,
  • It is still early in the healing process and changes will continue for several months
  • It is best to keep your surgeon aware of your concerns
  • Fear not, things usually improve over time
Best,Dr. Nima

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty - Recovery First

The appearance of your nose will certainly change from what it looks like 15 days after surgery.  Your nose will continue to undergo changes for the entire year after surgery, while 60-80% of the changes will be evident in 3-6 months.  Follow up closely with your surgeon to ensure the best result, and try not to fixate on the day to day variations of your nose while it heals.

Donald B. Yoo, MD