How soon after jaw surgery should a Rhinoplasty be performed?

I plan to get both jaw surgery and rhinoplasty. How long should I wait post-jaw surgery to get my rhinoplasty? 6 months? A year?

Timing of surgeries

Usually you want to wait 3-6 months between doing surgeries that are somehow related.  That allows time for swelling to reside and you can get a better idea of profiles and balance.  Of course the longer the better

Jaw surgery and rhinoplasty

Your oral surgeon will be able to guide you as to when you would be ready for rhinoplasty.  It would also depend on whether your upper or lower jaw or both are operated on.  I think six months is a reasonable time frame.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhioplasty after Jaw surgery

If you are comfortable at 6-8 months and your plastic surgeon feels there is no contraindications then have it done.

Fred Suess, MD

Rhinoplasty after jaw surgery?

A rhinoplasty can be done six months after jaw surgery and possibly sooner. Discuss this with your jaw and rhinoplasty surgeons if there's any question as to the healing. 

RHINOPLASTY AFTER JAW SURGERY

Dear Angelayeung, Typically six months should be plenty of time between the two procedures however this will be determined after the jaw surgery dependent on your healing. Your rhinoplasty surgeon will most likely require a clearance from your jaw surgeon and he/she will want to discuss the planned procedures amongst themselves. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty 6 months after jaw surgery

A rhinoplasty procedure can be performed 6 months after jaw surgery, which should leave well enough time for the healing process to take place from the jaw before undergoing nasal surgery.  For more information, and many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty After Jaw Surgery

The wait between procedures is based on healing and the success of the jaw surgery. Your surgeons will make that decision based on those factors.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD