Bumped in nose 2 weeks after rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty July 19th (2016) to get a hump removed. My friend accidentally "shouldered" me in the nose. (I can't remember which side of my nose she hit, or if she even hit a certain side) I felt pain but it only lasted about a minute. No bleeding. days later I noticed that the right side of my nose indents more than left side. is my left side just more swollen than my right? She didn't PUNCH me, just hit me with her shoulder. Could that have done enough damage to move the bones?!

Bump to nose after rhinoplasty

You would be surprised how often we hear of this happening! I will tell you that rarely does it ever cause any problems. So try to relax, and just call your surgeon to take a look. All should be well.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bumped by friend.

Hard to tell.  This is worthy of examination by the surgeon.  Also photos would help...again the best is to have your surgeon take a look because this forum cannot give you the best advice on this.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and trauma

Trauma after rhinoplasty can occur. How hard your friend bumped into you will determine whether or not there is a problem.  If concerned see your surgeon.