10 vials of fillers in my face, disappeared within a few days, the only spots that remained full are the cheek bones. Advice?

I got 10 vials within a month (1 month ago), mostly Voluma, some Restylane, in cheekbones, cheeks and temples. Every time I got injected I looked great for a couple days, but then back to skinny the following week (that's why I got 10). The only spot where fillers stayed are the cheek bones: does it mean that fillers don't stick to the rest of my face cause there's no bone they can attach to? Or the doctor doesn't know how to properly inject? I also started working out a lot. Thank you

Facial filler

It is certainly true that some of our patients require extensive volume repletion and although 10 vials sounds like alot, there are patients who require some extensive volume repletion (often individuals with very low body-fat including athletes). However the longevity of such fillers is significant and you should not have them wear off after 1 month. Although it might not be the case with you, some physicians off-label might dilute their filler with saline so what they call 10 syringes might be in reality only several syringes of active filler. You should follow-up with your treating physician to address your concerns and determine whether alternate types of injectable fillers or surgical options (facelift) might be more appropriate. 

Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma not lasting

That is a lot of Voluma!  If it is not lasting, you may want to try Sculptra or Radiesse.  These products make your own body produce collagen.  Radiesse has calcium beads in it too.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Filler not lasting

The amount of product that you had is well above average. An experienced and expert physician injector understands how to utilize less product to achieve greater results. However, you may want to consider sculptra or artefill. Also, you will

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Fillers and Longevity

The amount of fillers you are describing are well above average.  I do not know why they should reabsorb so quickly.  You should consider having Sculptra which works with a different mechanism by producing more collagen.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Sculptra and other cosmetic injections.

Fillers Not Lasting, Exercise Alot Can Affect It?

If you are only getting HA type fillers they can metabolize quickly in some people. You may want to consider longer lasting fillers like sculptra, bellafill and radiesse.  You can use these in combination to get a good result that may last much longer.  Otherwise fat injections can help and give a lot of volume, but may dissipate as well with more exercise and dieting.  Please see a facial contouring expert for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Disappearing Voluma

I would get a second opinion from a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with Voluma.

The amount you received, if you got a whole cc in each syringe, is well above the average amount I use per patient. 

Fillers don't "stick to bones" but stay in the tissues and support muscles while retaining water for the fullness and lift.

It's hard to imagine that working out could destroy that much filler.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist