I had Voluma to smile lines now I look like a chipmunk . Any suggestions? (photos)

I had voluma to my cheeks and it looks great, there was some left over and the doctor put to my smile lines, now it is very 'swollen' or has so much volume it looks awful. It was today I had it done. I read on Internet you should never use voluma here so now I am very scared. What shall I do? Please someone help me as my doctor is not helping me

Bumps

Try massaging the area for a week or two. If the bumps are still there after that, have your practitioner inject the enzyme to dissolve the product.

Chipmunk Cheeks post Voluma

It is not uncommon to have swelling immediately post voluma treatment. However, this should resolve itself in 7 to 10 days. Consult with your injector as he or she understands the scope of the treatment the best, and will be able to guide you. Voluma is an advanced treatment so it should only be performed by an experienced and expert physician injector.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Chipmunk cheeks after Voluma

After only one day, relax. There is swelling and maybe a bruise on right. If still abnormal after 7 days, go back to doc.it is fine to use on NLF. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma Cheeks Swelling

Although Voluma is typically used for cheek augmentation, it may be used in other areas as well. The "chipmunk" appearance is likely swelling since has only been 24 hours. You have swelling from the Voluma product itself which should resolve in 5-7 days. I didn't notice a bruise on your photo, but any bruising can also lead to some swelling. I would recommend waiting 7-10 days to evaluate your final result. If you still have concerns I would follow up with your physician for treatment. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon