How Long is Swelling Expected After Cool Sculpting?

My lower and upper abs were done 2 wks ago and I am still quite swollen.

Swelling after Coolsculpting

Swelling can last a few weeks after Coolsculpting.  2 weeks is not uncommon.  Some patients have said they still have some at 3-4 weeks.  Wearing a compression garment can help, as well as massaging the treated area. If you have not noticed it resolve after 4 weeks, make sure to follow up with your provider that did your treatment. Good luck.

CoolSculpting

Swelling and tenderness are not uncommon side effects after a CoolSculpting treatment.Ibuprofen should help with the swelling and discomfort.Generally, by week 2, swelling subsides. Contact the office where your treatment was done to set up a follow-up if you have concerns.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

It varies patient to patient

Swelling after CoolSculpting is not uncommon however typically only last for several days to a few weeks. Every patients response is different so the timeframe will vary. Patients should be provided with a garmet to wear post procedure that applies moderate compression to the treated area. Vibrational therapy is also recommended to assist in the lymphatic process.

Top providers in your areas receive rebates to buy one area and get one free. Visit the CoolSculpting website to search for a top provider in your area.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

SWELLING AFTER COOLSCULPT

Swelling following CoolSculpting treatments is not uncommon and typically may last, on average, about 2 weeks -- although we've seen minor swelling for longer periods of time on occasion. This does not impact the outcome of results. If there are post-procedure concerns, I recommend frequent follow-up appointments with your physician.

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Cool Sculpting

Patients may have swelling for a few hours to two weeks after the procedure.  The coolsculpting procedure is entirely painless but there may be some swelling and tenderness after the procedure.  These are all normal post procedure.  We have been using Zeltiq coolsculpting for years now and have found it very safe and effective with wonderful results.  Please let me know how your procedure goes.

How Long Does Swelling Last After Coolsculpting?

Hi,

The swelling lasts anywhere from several days up to 2 weeks.  It depends on which applicator you had, was the applicator stack treated, and whether the fat was loose or fibrous.  The best way to treat it is with Motrin or Aleeve, and to Ace Wrap the area.  It doesn't last that long and you will start to see great results once it goes away.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after CoolSculpting is temporary.

Dear writer, varying degrees of swelling in the treatment area may be seen following CoolSculpting, though for many patients the swelling is mild. The swelling may be present anywhere from a few days or one week, to several weeks. Still noticing swelling at 2-weeks post treatment is not alarming, and I predict it should start resolving from this point on. Always follow up with your provider if complete resolution is not attained by 1 month. Best wishes,  Dr. Bowes