Is Cool-sculpting Safe for Me?

looking for non-invasive fat reduction options... there are so many types in the market...not sure which one would really work... i have been looking at cool-sculpting as one of the it safe... i have high BP and sinus tachycardia... is it safe to do this procedure on me? would there me any side effects?

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. Coolsculpting is safe and low risk for a person with high blood pressure.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and safety

Coolsculpting is a very safe non-surgical procedure.  With proper patient screening it is the best non-invasive fat reduction method now in use.  Coolsculpting has just introduced two new hand pieces for the inner and outer thigh area which are extremely safe and effective.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in coolsculpting.

CoolSculpting Non Invasive Fat Reduction

CoolSculpting has been a very popular choice for reducing fat without surgery or down time.  Common side effects from CoolSculpting tend to be mild but it is important for you to have a personal consultation and assessment with a trusted CoolSculpting provider.  You can find information about the treatment and providers in your area from the CoolSculpting website. 

In Raleigh, NC my practice is the top provider of the region and because of this status we give our patients buy one get one free instant rebates for CoolSculpting.  Coolsculpting consults at my practice are complimentary and my staff thoroughly discusses the patient history and medical condition, information about the procedure, and gives a physical assessment to determine the best treatment plan. 

Along with offering our patients a free CoolSculpting treatment with each full price treatment purchased, we offer CoolSculpting Complete which includes dual machines for quicker treatment, compression binder for comfort and to help with swelling, and vibrational therapy treatments to assist with the lymphatic drainage of the fat cells.

Visit a trusted CoolSculpting medical provider for a consultation to determine if CoolSculpting is safe for you personally.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

In comparison to other procedures, CoolSculpting enjoys a strong safety profile. In our center, we have performed the procedure on a variety of individuals, some of whom would not be ideal candidates for more invasive procedures. Only your surgeon can determine if the procedure is optimal for your aesthetic needs and if you are a medical candidate. Good luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is safe in properly selected patients

We have been performing Coolsculpting since FDA approval three years ago.

This is a safe procedure when used properly and in properly selected patients in FDA approved areas.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting Safe?

Thank you for your question. You should have medical clearance prior to this and any other similar procedure and not undergo any increased risk of a problem. The procedure is generally safe, but compromised health can alter the safety profile. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting

Cool Sculpting is a non invasive, non surgical way to reduce localized fat content so should be safe for you. Contact your primary care doctor and the Cool Sculpting MD for further discussion. The results are noticeable and many patients happy but it does not have the same potential or predictability for fat reduction as liposuction

CoolSculpting is very safe.

CoolSculpting is a procedure that most people can have done with no problems. The only side effects are some sensitivity and possible light bruising in the area treated for a few days. You should be able to return to normal activities right away, even some of my patients go to the gym the same day! While there are some machines that use heat and can cause unwanted issues, the CoolSculpting machine brings the skin right above freezing level for about 1 hour and then the skin returns to normal once the hand piece is taken off. You don't have the risk of burning or injury to the tissues this way. I highly recommend it! 

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is a very effective and safe treatment for fat reduction

There are risks with all procedures, but the safety of CoolSculpting by Zeltiq has been shown during the last few years of use in our NYC practice. Other treatments have not necessarily proven long term redution. Prior to the acquisition of CoolSculpting in my practice, I researched the alternative devices and felt that Zeltiq's company had produced the most effective and safe treatment for fat loss. The freezing technology in CoolSculpting can be even used on the abdomen and flanks in those patients that have pacemakers! The fat cells die as a response to the freezing. There is not just a temporary liquification of fat from the fat cells as can occur in other types of non-invasive fat removal technologies.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting is safe and effective

Coolsculpting is a safe and effective way to treat stubborn, unwanted, localized fat in patients that either aren't surgical candidates or are just looking to avoid surgery. Coolsculpting freezes fat cells without harm to skin or surrounding tissue. Having high blood pressure or sinus tachycardia does not in any way preclude you from having Coolsculpting. If after a physical exam and consultation with an office that is experienced in Coolsculpting you are deemed a good candidate there is no reason you couldn't have it done.

Grant Stevens, MD