Cool Sculpting or Lipo Safe Around Lap Band Port?

Can cool sculpting be performed in the area where my lapband port is located? Also, is any type of lipo or lipo injections safe around the port?

Coolsculpting should not be used around lap band port

We have been performing Coolsculpting since FDA approval three years ago.

Coolsculpting should not be used around any ports, hernias or significant scars. It could result in serious problems in these areas.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting may not be able to be performed over a lab band

Some lap bands protrude and are visible and palpable. Strong suction from the CoolSculpting might interfere with the position of the device and might put undue pressure on the lap band. This might cause pain or worse problems. I have not had personal experience with such in my NYC practice doing CoolSculpting for fat loss. You should check with your surgeon.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon