How Long is Recovery for Breast Implant Removal Without Replacement? (photo)

Should I Wait to See How It Heals Before Doing a Lift? I have 450 cc Saline implants inserted under the muscle. I have had the implants for 7 years, and I'm ready to get them explanted for many personal reasons. I live on an island with few plastic surgeons, which is why I would like more educated opinions. I would like to know how long it will take for me to go back to work. I am a teacher, and do not have to do any heavy lifting. In addition, I healed very quickly with my initial BA.

Minimal pain and recovery expected.

Occasionally, women are dissatisfied with their breast implants and elect to have them removed.In the absence of severe capsule formation, this is often a relatively simple procedure.The procedure usually involves reopening the incision, extracting the implant, and closing the wound.This is usually accomplished with general anesthesia, but in some cases local anesthesia may be used.

The procedure is associated with minimal pain and short recoveries.Since the muscle isn’t disturbed, there’s minimal amounts of pain following this procedure.Patient’s usually don’t require narcotics for longer than 24 hours and are able to return to work the following day as long as no heavy lifting is involved.

It’s difficult to predict how the breast will react to implant removal.In some cases, minimal sag will develop, while in other cases severe sag may occur necessitating breast lift surgery.

Unfortunately, it takes three to six months for the breasts to stabilize.It’s therefore important to wait at least six months before proceeding with breast lift surgery.During this period, it’s important to maintain close contact with your plastic surgeon.Your surgeon should be able to evaluate your progress and formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

How Long is Recovery for Breast Implant Removal Without Replacement?

Thank you for the question. Breast implant removal recovery surgery is usually almost painless and associated with a faster return to activities compared to the breast augmentation procedure.  The procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the circumstances of the specific patient.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Breast Implants

First I would recommend with the removal of the breast implants is to do a capsulectomy. There will be a drain for few days. The total healing is about 3 weeks , however you are functional and back teaching in the first week. From the pictures I can  not tell how much breast tissue you have and whether you will be happy with the breast volume and shaoe. You may need a lift afterward, but wait six months to one year to allow some contraction of the skin before the breast lift