How long will it take for uneven nostrils to even out after rhinoplasty? (photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
How long will it take for uneven nostrils to even out after rhinoplasty?
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA.
Asymmetry after rhinoplasty
#1 asymmetry of the nostrils often exists before surgery and is present after surgery. Altering nostril asymmetry is one of the most difficult and least predictable portions of a rhinoplasty.
#2 it is very normal for the nose to be stiff and the tip to be stiff or hard particularly if there was any cartilage grafting performed during the procedure.
#3 rhinoplasty success is measured in months and years, not weeks and months. The patient
Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon
Nostrils after rhinoplasty
- It is normal to have asymmetric swelling for up to six months after rhinoplasty
- I would bring this up to your surgeon who can advise you better
- The tip will be firm in the healing stages
- If a columellar strut graft (or something similar to support the tip ) was placed, it will be firm for many years, but will soften over the first few months
- You want it to be a little firm so that it does not droop as you get older
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.