Since it's mild gyno is local anesthesia possible? Could the cost be reduced? (photos)

Could I be turned away because of my special case? I took finasteride for 1 month, and then saw palmetto for 3 months. My breasts increased as a result. Not severe, but they still did. I had gynecomastia surgery when I was 14, and my doctor explained that the tissue growth could be because I had a sensitivity to it. He said it would go away in about a month, but now it has been 4 months with no real subsidence. He also said that it wasn't much growth ( Butleft more than right). My blood test is normal, and hormones are balanced, so is this permanent?

Male Breast Reduction , Drug Induced Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question about Male Breast Reduction.

Yes, when the situation is mild, male breast reduction can be performed under local anesthesia.

It is tough to say if this is permanent for you or not, but it probably won't reverse.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Drug Induced Recurrent Gynecomastia

Hi. You seem to have a drug induced recurrent Gynecomastia. The chances of the conditions reversing are low. Please watch both the video links shared. It will address most of your concerns. 

Anesthetia and Pre-Op Prep for Gynecomastia

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat #gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.
Smaller procedures can actually be done in the office with light oral sedation. Adolescents frequently do better with a light general #anaesthetic.Twilight or IV sedation are another great choice. All procedures are outpatient either in the office or a certified outpatients surgery facility.

The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery.

Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

Local anesthesia is possible in mild cases of gynecomastia

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia treatment

Small sub areolar gynecomastia not requiring feathering may be done under a local anesthetic.  More advanced gyecomastia can be a significant operation and is best done under a general anesthetic.

Mark D. Wigod, MD
Boise Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia procedure under local anesthesia

Resection of gynecomastia tissue and liposuction of the chest can be done under local anesthesia (tumescent anesthesia). This is a safe and reasonable approach to this common problem.

Gynecomastia

Wait at least 6 months before revising and yes this procedure can be done under local since there is not an abundant amount of tissue to remove.

Yoav Barnavon, MD, FACS
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Since it's mild gyno is local anesthesia possible?

Sorry, but it is not possible to predict whether or not the regrowth is permanent or not;  you may wish to allow for more time to pass before making any decisions whether or not proceed with additional surgery. Sometimes, depending on the situation (and the specific patient),  these types of procedures can be done under local anesthesia.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Juvenile breast hypertrohy

It is not uncommon for patients who have had gynecomastia repair early in their teenage years to demonstrate some tissue regrowth. You just need to redo your surgery. Since you have already had this done once, you will have some scar tissue which is even more reason to get general anesthesia as it will not be as easy to remove redundancy/excess tissues due to scarring.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Gynecomastia

I have a significant number of military patients who prefer to have the procedure done under local so it is definitely possible.