Is it safe for voluma to be injected on nose and chin area?

Can voluma be injected to nose,my doctor recommended 1ml to be put on right cheek a bit on nose bridge and nostril to lift and a bit on chin. and also 80 units of botox for masseter muscle jaw reduction. Is it safe for voluma to be injected on nose and chin area? I had done 2ml voluma last year for cheeks lasted only a year.

Voluma

Yes. Experienced physicians inject many substances like voluma off label for different reasons with great results.  Just like we use prescriptions "off-label", like Doxycycline for acne; we use fillers and Botox off label for desired effect. I would encourage you to see someone who has a lot of experience and can make you feel confident in the treatment.  Stay skintastic. 

Fort Smith Dermatologist

Voluma for nose and chin

Yes! Voluma is actually now my favorite filler for nose and chin augmentation. Because of the Vycross technology, it lasts the longest, swells the least and I feel gives the most control. Injecting filler into the nose and chin are both off label usage of Voluma. Make sure that your doctor board certified in one of the core aesthetic fields. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Voluma to nose and chin

If an expert injector is injecting it then you can use Voluma in other areas of the face.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma has been used for the nose and chin area, however, Voluma is currently approved and intended for correction of volume loss in the cheeks. Voluma is meant to last up to 2 years. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in that area is off label, but may work very nicely.

The FDA approved area for injection with Voluma is the cheek area only.  Despite that, it is permissible to use it in other areas provided the patient is aware that the FDA has only examined the data and research for injection in the area noted.  Essentially they do not prohibit use elsewhere, the research has not be examined by the FDA to determine its effectiveness and safety in those other regions.

If your doctor feels that a good result can be gained from using Voluma there, then they must feel the benefits are predictable and safe.  Be sure that the volume increase you need their justifies the expense and the risk of having a result that you will like for up to two years.  Otherwise you could try a cheaper and less long lasting alternative such as Restylane or Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus.

Voluma for Nose & ChinY

Yes, Voluma can be used to treat either of these areas although it is considered "off label". Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma injections...

Voluma is FDA approved for mid face cheek volumization, however... we utilize Voluma in a lot of other different places.  This product is great because of its duration and non swelling properties.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

Voluma injection to nose and chin

Voluma is one of my favorite fillers for injection into the chin. It can be done safely and effectively by an experienced injector. The nose is a very vascular structure and any filler injection in this area is associated with a higher risk of vascular occlusion/compression. That being said, Voluma can be injected into the nose by an experienced injector with an appropriate understanding of vascular/facial anatomy. Botox injection to the masseter muscles is a great way to contour the lower face in the appropriate patient. Typical doses for masseter Botox injection is 15-25 units per side. 

Voluma injection in nose

While regular juvederm or restylane can carefully be placed in the nose for aesthetic purposes, I would caution against a full syringe of volume in the nose as it swells more than the others and could potentially cause compression or swelling complications. I use both Juvederm and Restylane in the nose often and they both produce very nice results that will last a long time. Since injections into the nose are off label use, I would recommend that you definitely find someone who has a lot of experience and is board certified in facial plastic surgery.

Lesley Rabach, MD

Safety First--Voluma for Nose and Chin, Botox for masseter

I use Voluma (or Restylane and Juvederm) to improve symmetry of the nose and provide volume/shaping of the chin. It is tough to tell you how much Botox is needed for the masseter without an evaluation, but it is a great choice for reducing size and shaping the jawline. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer