Is it safe for voluma to be injected on nose and chin area?

Can voluma be injected to nose,my doctor recommended 1ml to be put on right cheek a bit on nose bridge and nostril to lift and a bit on chin. and also 80 units of botox for masseter muscle jaw reduction. Is it safe for voluma to be injected on nose and chin area? I had done 2ml voluma last year for cheeks lasted only a year.

Voluma for nose and chin

Yes! Voluma is actually now my favorite filler for nose and chin augmentation. Because of the Vycross technology, it lasts the longest, swells the least and I feel gives the most control. Injecting filler into the nose and chin are both off label usage of Voluma. Make sure that your doctor board certified in one of the core aesthetic fields. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Yes. Experienced physicians inject many substances like voluma off label for different reasons with great results.  Just like we use prescriptions "off-label", like Doxycycline for acne; we use fillers and Botox off label for desired effect. I would encourage you to see someone who has a lot of experience and can make you feel confident in the treatment.  Stay skintastic. 

Sandra M. Johnson, MD
Fort Smith Dermatologist

Safety First--Voluma for Nose and Chin, Botox for masseter

I use Voluma (or Restylane and Juvederm) to improve symmetry of the nose and provide volume/shaping of the chin. It is tough to tell you how much Botox is needed for the masseter without an evaluation, but it is a great choice for reducing size and shaping the jawline. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your excellent question.  Though I do not place Voluma into the nose due to its thicker gel nature I have used it in the chin to excellent results.  80 units of Botox for both masseters is a bit high for my normal dosing to reduce muscle hypertrophy.  Hope this helps.

Voluma for chin and nose is safe

Your one year experience with Voluma is not that uncommon. I did a study of treating cheeks with Voluma on one side and Restylane Lyft on the other and found both to last one year (see link - Cheek Challenge). Voluma can be place in those areas safely if done properly by the injector.

Steven F. Weiner, MD