Lips are uneven 5 days after Juvederm- swelling or too much filler in the right side? When talking my face looks drooped.

I got my lips enhanced with 1ml of Juvederm on Mon-it is now Fri and I still look uneven and like a duck. I'm not sure if it is just the natural shape of my lips, maybe I shouldn't have had that much put in in the first place? My doc said she wouldn't do any less than 1ml as there would be no point. I just wanted a subtle change but I've been in hiding since Mon as its so obvious and I can't stop crying. Is it too early to have them dissolved? I can't do another week waiting to see what happens

Lips are uneven 5 days after Juvederm- Swelling or too much filler in the right side? When talking my face looks drooped.

Thank you for your question. It is still too early to determine what your final results may be. I am sorry to hear you are so upset with your result. Swelling after lip augmentation can take up to 2 weeks to resolve. If you are unhappy with your final result you can have the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase. Remember to make sure you are seeing an expert injector. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. Sorry you are so upset about your immediate result. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Swelling after filler

Juvederm and Swollen Lips

If you are unhappy with the results and can't wait anymore then you can return to your treating physician for Hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler.  If you are looking for a subtle result you should consider Volbella or Restylane next time.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and Swollen Lips

Unhappy with lips after 5 days - Uneven, swollen, duck, and drooping

I would go back and discuss with your doctor. By monday, the lips should be close to their long term results. It sounds like you would be happier with the filler removed. All the unwanted outcomes you've got without the happy and desired results. It sounds like the injector needs to be more sensitive to your request.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hello andrea8586,

It can take up to two weeks for the swelling following lip injections to go down.  During this time period you may see differences between the two sides in how the swelling improves.  If the swelling is bothering you significantly, there is a prescription that will help take away the swelling quickly.  If after the swelling is gone you still don't like it, you can have an injection of hyaluronidase to remove the product. 

I would express your concerns with your injector.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

Hello andrea8586,

I hope this helps and good luck.  

Swelling after juvederm lip augmentation

Swelling is a normal reaction following filler lip augmentation. It can take 2 weeks or so before most of that swelling has subsided. I would advise waiting closer to that mark before electing to have things dissolved. In the meantime, you can help your swelling with cool compresses to the lips, arnica/ bromelein tabs/ ointment, and sleeping with your head elevated. Send pictures to your injecting physician or go in for a visit to ensure that waiting it out is the best course of action. If your injector is a board certified core physician (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist), then he/ she is likely experienced in seeing many different outcomes and can determine if you fall into the normal range or if another measure might need to be taken. Check out my video for more tips on lip injections. Good luck!

Lips are uneven 5 days after JVD

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your current results have caused you concern.  Because of the thin tissues of the lips, swelling is common and final results may not be seen for 2-3 weeks.  I know waiting is difficult, but hang in there.  You should see steady improvement daily.  You may want to consider using arnica montana and bromelain to limit your swelling, in addition to sleeping with your head elevated with a few extra pillows behind your back at night.  Hope this helps.

Lips are uneven 5 days after JVD

Juvederm 5 days after

I would give it a few more days. You decided to try this procedure and I'm assuming you went to a reputable practice so 5 days post treatment you can still be a little swollen. If after another week or so, you could revisit your results with your physician and at that time even them out if it's not how you want them to look. There is an option for you  to essentially dissolve the juvederm if that's what you end up wanting. Best of Luck 

Juvederm 5 days after