Tweezing/shaving before or after juvederm?

Hi,I had juvederm in smile lines+upper lip 2wks ago. I have upper lip hair that I tweeze daily. My surgeon said tweezing ok befor+48 hrs after, but caused indentations and after 2wks swells & red after. Returned in 3 days upset - one side is horrible, he suggested I wait 2 extra weeks.. but no answers. Tried shaving, don't like so back to tweezing today. Next apt Dec1, scared he won't fix it. Questions 1) can tweezing daily cause dents/atrophy where juviderm was injected? 2) Is shaving better.

Tweeting/shaving before or after JVD?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your filler recovery issues.  In my opinion tweezing will not cause dents or atrophy in your areas of treatment, and at worst would only cause prolonged swelling or irritation.  I would voice your concerns to your injector and talk about revision plans.  Hope this helps.

Tweezing or shaving before or after Juvederm should not have an impact on your dermal filler result. I'm sorry that you are not experiencing a more positive result. You should go back to see you injector and discuss some alternatives to alleviate your situation. Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Lip injections

Tweezing of hair around the injected area should be avoided for a few days following an injection.  That being said, after that time period it is unlikely that any atrophy or dents would occur in the injected area with tweezing.  I would make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your concerns.

Tweezing & Shaving Pre and Post Juvederm

Thank you for your question. Any shaving and tweezing should be done the day before your Juvederm and/or a few days after. Should you absolutely need to tweeze or shave after your treatment, there shouldn't be a problem but the area may be sensitive. Please be cautious around the area. Regards, 

Tweezing and Injections above the Lip

I would refrain from tweezing the hairs before the injections to avoid irritation or any possibility of infection in that area.  Please go ahead and have the injections and after they heal you can tweeze the hair or better have laser hair removal.  Best, Dr. Green

Tweezing or shaving should have no effect on filler

The surgeon is blaming the results on tweezing?  There is absolutely no effect on the outcome of filler from this. It sounds like you seek another opinion for taking care of this.

Steven F. Weiner, MD