Invisalign - struggling to stick to 22 hours?

I just started my Invisalign 1 week ago and so far I am really struggling to keep them on for 22 hours. I would say I average between 20-21 hours. My 2nd day it hurt so bad and was so uncomfortable that I only had it on for 17 hours. I like to have 3 meals per day, so by the time I eat and brush my teeth (at work) it takes me an hour per meal, with coffee even more For people who work full time and go out to eat with friends or have dinner socially , how on earth are you sticking to 22 hours?

Struggling with #Invisalign #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Invisalign movements are carefully built in each tray based on a certain number of hours of wear per tray. The proper protocol is to wear each tray 22 hours per day for 14 days. That said, consistency is key.  Be sure that you continue to wear your trays 20+ hours per day to ensure optimal results. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

20-22 hour should be fine.

You should be fine with wearing your aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day. I have instructed my patients for years and years to wear them al least 20 hours a day, and I achieved great results with very few refinements over the past 15 years. If you are wearing them less than 20 hours a day, you may want to discuss using accelerated orthodontic techniques with your dentist and that may help your situation. Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas Texas area

Time wearing aligners

Hello mysongbookteeth,
Congratulations on your Invisalign treatment!  It's fantastic that you are compliant with wearing your aligners.  22 hours is the recommended length of time per day. The more you wear your aligners the better, but if you're wearing them consistently for approximately 20 hours a day, you will be ok.  Consistency is key.