Have been advised by orthodontist to wear my new plastic retainer 24/7 even when eating. Will wearing it not stain it?

Getting my braces removed and my orthodontist has already been advising me to wear my plastic retainer 24/7, keep it in while eating and only remove it to clean it. I am also a big fan of curry and I'm afraid if I keep my retainer in while eating it will stain really bad. Please help???

Staining guaranteed

I never advise my patients to wear clear aligners or retainers while eating. This is absolutely not necessary. It is, however, very important for you to wear your retainers for as close to 24 hours a day as you can for the first couple of months after orthodontic therapy. Following 24-hour wear, you would then switch over to wearing them every night while sleeping. If you don't wear your retainers, you will get relapse, but it is not necessary to wear them while eating. Always be sure to thoroughly clean your retainers daily so that staining from normal use will not become an issue either. 
Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas,  Texas area

Wearing retainer at meal time is not recommended #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
For my patients, I recommend removing the retainer when eating.  Leaving your retainer in at meal time could result in it breaking and/or staining, not to mention increased risk of tooth decay. Curry will stain your plastic retainer, I've seen this before. I would recommend speaking with your orthodontist to clarify. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100