Can I make my front teeth look less prominent? (photos)

My two front teeth look much prominent compared to the rest when I smile or talk, I had braces in high school but did not keep them for the advised time. Also the teeth next to my front two teeth are very sharp and long as well, they make my teeth look larger. I have been advised to try Invisalign or veneers but I don't want to spend money on a procedure which I do not have much details on and won't help. Basically my question is, is there a way to make my front teeth look less prominent? Thanks

#Ortho or #Veneers to correct prominent front teeth #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
Thank you for posting your photos.  You upper arch is very narrow compared to your lower arch, and your front teeth appear more prominent because you are missing your lateral incisors.  I would give you two options to correct your smile, but I can tell you that I've used porcelain veneers alone to fix the smiles of patients similar to yours.

The first option would be orthodontics. This option would require no tooth preparation but could take several years to complete. A space would be created on either side of your two front teeth to make room for either implants or bridges to replace your missing lateral incisors.

The second option would be skipping orthodontics all together and would include porcelain veneers and crowns across the top. Your issues would be corrected and the look your are trying to achieve would likely occur in a single appointment with a cosmetic dentist. 

I would recommend doing a little research on line and finding a dentist with great before and after photos. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect from the dentist that you select. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Prominent front teeth due to narrow maxilla: DNA Appliance is your answer.

Your front tooth position is a reflection of your narrow maxilla.  The DNA Appliance can orthopedically expand your maxilla to a healthy physiologic width with many improvemets in breathing, posture, lip and cheek support, tooth position and more.
This will give you a full wide vibrant and healthy looking smile, eliminate posterior crossbite and dark buccal corridors.
Dr Shapira

Prominent front teeth

You front teeth appear more prominent because you are missing the lateral incisors and you canines, the pointed teeth, have been moved into the position of the missing teeth. Also your upper arch is very narrow compared to your lower arch. You could create a more ideal smile with veneers but you will need to do 10 teeth. This will give you a wider smile and make your front teeth appear more proportional. Another alternative is to do orthodontics and widen your arch. Your canines can be moved back into their ideal position and implants can be used to replace the missing teeth. Invisalign won't work to accomplish the treatment you need. I hope this information helps.