Is it okay to buzz cut my hair on day 10 after FUE?

i couldnt bare growing my hair after my fue and as all scabs had come off after 8 days and donor area was heeled i decided to buzz cut my hair on day 10,grafts should be ok i assume?

Buzzing Hair

10 days should be fine to cut your hair. Some doctors say two weeks but at 10 days your grafts are pretty well established it'd take something pretty strong to really do damage to them.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair cut after hair transplant

We tell our patients that after 10 days they can resume all activities including strenuous activities.  A buzz cut should be fine especially if all the scabs have healed and fallen off.  Do not razor shave at that time.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   There is nothing wrong with cutting your hair in general.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Buzz cut your hair

AT 10 DAYS WITH ALL CRUSTS OFF, YOU CAN BUZZ CUT YOUR HAIR WITH NO PROBLEMS AS HEALING SHOULD BE COMPLETE

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

After 10 days

Yes, you should be fine to buzz cut your hair after 10 days. It is very important to take extra caution with your grafts for the first 7-10 days. After 10 days they should be fairly stable and you can begin to resume your regular activities. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Donor buzz

as long as all of the scabs are gone you are fine to do a buzz cut to your donor area. Typically by day 10 all of the scabs are gone as long as you followed your post op care carefully.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Buzz cut post FUE

You should be okay as long as the crusts are gone and the skin is healed.  Studies of the healing show that about day 9 is when your grafts are set in place and by that time the little donor area sites should be healed as well. Good Luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shaving after FUE

As long as the extraction sites are healed it is ok to buzz cut your hair by day 10. Your grafts should be fine at this point.

Sahar Nadimi, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

When can you buzz cut your hair after FUE

All of the grafts are sealed in place after 6 days and the donor area will tolerate a buzz cut after a week.  If you have sterile instruments, you could buzz cut it immediately.  As soon as the skin is healed over and there is no open oozing, buzz cutting is fine.  Oozing usually ceases by the second or third day after your procedure.  

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Buzzing the donor area after an FUE

Once all the scabs are off in the donor area you may resume buzzing it with clippers. Therefore at day 10 you should be fine to resume. 

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon