Is it good to get Synthetic Hair Transplantation? What are the pro and cons ?

I have curly hair but I want to have a FUE transplant but I want straight hair to be in my hairline because I wear hair wigs to avoid wearing my hair to not straighten it regularly. What is the best type of synthetic hair? Is it permanent ?

​Synthetic hair transplant is not approved in the U.S. There may be numerous health issues associated with synthetic hair.

Synthetic hair transplant is not approved in the U.S. There may be numerous health issues associated with synthetic hair. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is having synthetic hair implants a good idea?

In my opinion, people with hair loss should stay away from synthetic hair implants despite the glossy ads, testimonials and manufacturers promises. I have seen so many patients lives ruined by having this procedure done and then developing widespread inflammation, infection and even scalp necrosis. To be a successful long term solution, the implants would need to be biologically inert and although there are some new synthetic hair producers that make this claim, I have yet to be convinced. It may seem like a great solution especially for patients with extensive alopecia areata or those with insufficient donor for a hair transplant but my advice is to avoid synthetic hair implants. 

Greg Williams, FRCS (Plast)
London Hair Restoration Surgeon

Synthetic Hair

This is a great way to get an infection and ruin your hair line. Please do not go ahead with a synthetic hair transplant and please look at some other options with a hair restoration specialist that you trust. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Synthetic Hair Transplantation

it is just chemical , a kind of continuously irritating substances  that you contact with your scalp skin and much more expensive than a hair restoration surgery . So would you like to have it ?

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Is synthetic hair replacement a good option for hair loss?

this is an absolute disastrous solution for any kind of hair loss. We have treated many clients who have had these done and had trouble infections. We absolutely don't recommend it. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Synthetic hair

Simply, stay away from it.   It will lead to scarring of your skin, further loss of your hair.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Synthetic hair for transplantaiton

This is a terrible solution which has many complications such as 100% of people who have it done get the area infected. These have been outlawed in most countries

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon