3 months afer FUE, scalp is red and very hot. Is this a sign of infection? (photos)

Ive still got a red scalp after 3months of FUE. I cannot go back to my doctor as i done the treatement in turkey. Can any doctor please tell me if this is a sign of infection. My scalp is red and feels very hot.

3 months afer FUE, scalp is red and very hot. Is this a sign of infection?

Fat tissue obtained from own body of the patient is processed and enriched from adipose tissue derived stem cells with the Cihantimur Fat Transfer Technique which uses closed circuit system. The recipient area that the “Organic Hair Transplantation” will be performed is sterilized and the mixture containing adipose tissue derived stem cells is injected to the area. The volume of the scalp is increased and nutrition process begins. Meanwhile hair grafts are extracted from the donor site with use of micro bistoury.

The extracted hair grafts then classified according to their types and prepared for the transplantation process. In order to get the most natural result the angles of the hair canals are determined precisely. The donor site is dressed after the “Organic Hair Transplantation” process is completed which will be removed the following day. The recipient area is left as open.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

If you have redness and "hot" scalp it may be a sign of infection. It is best to contact your doctor for a

If you have redness and "hot" scalp it may be a sign of infection.  It is best to contact your doctor for a follow up appointment.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 months afer FUE, scalp is red

İt is not infection ....dont worry about it.The redness remains just after surgery and it is "normal" to stay 14 days or more. That pinkish redness/discoloration may fade away in a long time up to 3-4 months . İt depends on your skin color/fitzpatrick classification .(Lighter your color, more red discolored skin after surgery) ....I recommend you to use nothing for that temporary situation .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Red, Hot Scalp Not Normal 3 Months After FUE

See your personal physician for diagnosis and treatment. Most likely diagnosis is scalp infection. You may also need the advice of an experienced hair restoration surgeon if there are problems with pitting.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness and heat 3 months after FUE

You may very well have infection, or worse you may have an autoimmune disorder that wasn't properly diagnosed prior to your surgery.  Go seek care from an experienced doctor specializing in scalp and hair disorders immediately.  No matter the diagnosis at this point, you need treatment for either right away. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness and hot 3 months after FUE

iky62,

So sorry to hear that you are having issues after your FUE in Turkey. Well, the bottom line is that an evaluation with a hair loss specialist is needed. It is not typical of an infection to just have redness and warmth. Has there been any drainage, fever, swelling, chills? Are you seeing any growth of hair in area that was transplanted? Another possibility might be an underlying scalp condition like LPP or other scarring alopecia. A scalp biopsy might be needed?

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op infections

Redness  after  hair transplant surgery is  normal and for some cases it may fade away slowly up to 1 month.On the other hand staying under the sun or having a possible infection in the area may also cause the same problem and  normally redness should be gone by now. It would be better to meet a good  doctor  and get his opinion after an examination for your treatment options . All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Red and Hot

The presentation you are discussing sounds like an infection. You must go to a skilled doctor to make the diagnosis but any good doctor should be able to make the diagnosis and commence treatment

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon