What can be done to my nose to make it more attractive?

I really dislike it I feel it is too long, too pointy and has a slight hump. I do not want a chin implant… this has been advised before but I think if my nose was shortened my chin wouldn't look "receded".

Hi, based upon the attached photos your nose has a large dorsal hump and the chin is very weak.  A weak chin makes the nose appear larger and the mid face top heavy.  Rhinoplasty to reduce the dorsal hump and refine the nasal tip combined with chin augmentation, using a chin implant, can provide more facial harmony and balance.  Hope this helps.  

OPtions for yor nose.

Hi Jodie, After looking at your fotos I think you can get a nice natural result with either a closed or open rhinoplasty. The procedure would involve lowering the bridge of your nose after which the nasal bones would have to be broken to push them back together so the bridge does not appear wider and flatter ( open roof). This would make the nose appear slightly narrower at its junction with your cheeks.  The tip could also be made slightly narrower and this would not make it appear pointier. I think what you mean when you say shorter is that you want it to stick out less and this is called deprojecting the nose which would happen when the bridge is lowered and the tip work is done. The exact details of the procedure would be discussed during your consultation after listening to your concerns. The important thing to know is that most often something needs to be done to each part of the nose to give the most natural result and not look like you had a nose job.  Good luck.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Improving your look

Your are correct in understanding that the nose and chin have a certain relationship that influences your appearance. Continue to research local surgeons in your area with significant experience and education. I suggest you consult another board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available.

In short, yes you may be a candidate for facial plastic surgery. Regardless of your candidacy for Rhinoplasty, I would like you to watch the attached video to learn how to take care of your skin. As a young lady, you will certainly benefit from a little extra effort every morning, afternoon and night.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty advice

Hi there,

There is clear advice for you I think.
Your nose has most of the attributes of the most attractive nose shapes. It's generally slim, thin skinned and from the front view, as best as can be seen from the photos, is attractive.

On the profile view it overprojects, and has a dorsal hump.

This can be well corrected by rhinoplasty.

In relation to your chin, I do not think you need a chin implant.  What will happen with deprojecting the nose is that the tension pulling your upper lip forward will relax, and I believe you will then have excellent midface / lower face balance.

I would anticipate that your upper lip will look better for this, and that you will photograph better on smiling.  I suspect there is an element of tension there currently which will relax post deprojection and dorsal reduction.

Very best of luck with it all.

Howard Webster
Plastic Surgeon

Dear Jodiecuma,

All what your nose needs is a gentle slope!
This can be achieved via a closed or open rhinoplasty!

Best wishes

Mr J Tahery 
Consultant Otolaryngologist/Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawed Tahery, FRCS
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for an overly-projecting nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address decreasing the projection of the nose and shaving down the dorsal hump. Very little if any tip surgery needs to be performed. Computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with the procedure. Please see the link below for many examples

Nose and chin

You have a nice nose. Making it better takes great skill. You need an experienced plastic surgeon with a proven track record.
I would show you what is possible at the consultation using a computer and let you decide what you like (within reason). 
I would be happy to not do anything to your chin. However I sometimes use small fat graft injections to balance the chin in cases like yours. You need a bespoke service. 

Rajan Uppal, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

More Attractive Nose

Based on your photos you are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  The nasal dorsum needs to be reduced and the nasal hump should be taken down.  You are borderline needing a chin implant, so I agree with your assessment.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced.  Best to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Dear Jodie,  from your photos, I agree with your assessment that you don't need a chin implant.  A reduction type of rhinoplasty in which the the nasal dorsum is reduced and the nasal hump is removed should accomplish what you are trying to achieve.  The nasal tip could also be addressed with a cartilage graft.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon