I keep getting a string like substance coming out of my nose post rhinoplasty. (photo)

I am currently 5 months post rhinoplasty and I am still getting a strange string / cord coming out similar to dental floss just slightly thicker. It happens most days, but I have no clue where it is coming from, how much is left or what it even is?? I have added a photo so you can see what I mean. I would just like to know if this is normal and what it might be?? Thanks.

5 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Could be a suture

Thanks for your question and photo. The object seen in the photograph can be a suture (stitch) that is slowly dissolving and unravelling. You should get in touch with your surgeon and let them know so they can advise you as they know what kind of suture they used and whether there packing, etc. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon