How much liters are in 5 pounds of fat?

My doctor performed lipo on my stomach, and outer thighs. She informed me that she took 2 pounds of fat from my stomach and 1.5 from each thigh. How many liters and cc is it?

One Liter

Dear Ro0514,

Fat weighs roughly 6lbs per liter. One liter is 1000 cc ( or 1000 ml).

Dr. Remus Repta

Liposuction Fat Removal in Liters and Pounds

Most likely your surgeon was referring to liters removed not pounds since the fat aspirate is rarely weighed although measured. So if 3.5 liters (3500cc) of fat aspirate was removed (and some of this is not fat but for this discussion we will assume that it is), that would equate to roughly 12 lbs. (using the correlation that a gallon of water weights 8 lbs at 2.2 liters per gallon)

Fat ways about 2 pounds per liter.

the density of fat is about 0.9 g per cc. 1000 mL would equal about 900 g. 900 g is roughly 2 pounds.