Is there any affordable prices for earlobe reduction? I live in Las Vegas, I keep getting really expensive quotes (Photos)

I had stretched ears and I'v been wanting to fix the damage. My first surgery wasn't what I had in mind. The doctor only close the freshly cut portion of my stretched ear hole and proceed to stitched them together. But the problem is that there is still some scar tissue that he never got rid of all together. Not to mention my earlobes still looks fairly large and he only close the holes shut, leaving my earlobes still stretched and elongated. its unsymmetrical looking and really unappealing. HELP

Earlobe reduction surgery: edge or wedge?

I perform earlobe reduction surgery quite frequently.  The procedure is performed with local anesthesia (lidocaine) in the office and takes about 45 minutes per ear.  There are two possible techniques:

1. Edge excision: This is the usual procedure.  It involves drawing a line exactly marking the new desired earlobe size and shape.  All tissue outside this line is removed, and the remaining skin edges are repaired, leaving a scar along the edge of the earlobe (facing neither forward nor backward) where it is generally well-concealed.  Internal sutures dissolve on their own.  The external sutures are removed about 2 weeks later.  

2. Wedge excision: This involves a vertical incision along the earlobe, leaving a vertical scar that may be more visible.  It is useful for patients who are interested in simultaneous repair of a torn earlobe or who have an attached earlobe (meaning that there is no skin hanging below the ear-cheek junction).  Suture management is the same as above.

All bandages are present for less than 24 hours.  If desired, the earlobes may be repierced at the same time. Cost for earlobe reduction is $700 per earlobe, as this is a much more involved procedure than simple earlobe repair.

Plano Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Repair Cost

Thanks for your question!  I would continue to call around to price the procedure out.  You do, however, want someone with experience to repair them.  My office charges $400 for one-sided repair; $600 for both.  Best of luck!

Earlobe reduction

You are an excellent candidate for this procedure. Because it can be performed in an office setting under local anesthesia, the cost should be fairly reasonable. Pain is minimal and healing is fairly rapid.

Ben Lee, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe surgery

Thank you for your pictures.  You would be a great candidate for this procedure.  In my practice, it is done in the office and you are usually in and out within 30 minutes.  Sutures come out the following week.  It usually runs anywhere from 600-900 depending on how whether it is one or both ears that need to get done, etc.  It is best if you continue to contact practices around the area where you live and see what prices people give you.   Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is there any affordable prices for earlobe reduction?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for ear lobe reduction/reconstruction.  
Generally speaking,  repair of the stretched ear lobe is a great procedure that can restore the ear lobe to a “normal” appearance". Care must be taken during this procedure to avoid reducing the size of the air and/or creating a notch/ depressed appearance in the area of the rim of the ear lobe. It is usually done under local anesthesia with very high patient satisfaction rates. Re piercing can be done, preferably in a spot away from the scar line, a few months down the line. Costs vary from practice to practice ($800-$1000 in our practice). I hope this, and the attached link, helps.