My earlobe is ripped, the piercing hole is close to the bottom, is there a home remedy to fix this? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 15
There is no non-surgical treatments to fix a torn earlobe piercing hole. The only way to treat this is to have an earlobe repair, which can be done in the office with local.
Is there a nonsurgical repair for a torn earlobe?
Unfortunately, there is no nonsurgical repair available. The inside rim (the doughnut hole) has to be trimmed out to get freshened edges before the hole can be sewn closed again. Generally, however, the procedure is easily done in-office, with simple local numbing medicine and takes a only 5-15 minutes. Hope this helps.
My earlobe is ripped, the piercing hole is close to the bottom, is there a home remedy to fix this?
There is no home remedy to fix a torn earlobe. Surgery is needed to repair this tear in your earlobe and can be done in an office setting with local anesthetic. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. best wishes.
You might also like...
Ear lobe repair
Hello-Unfortunately there is not a home remedy available to fix torn earlobes. Oftentimes patients that develop an elongated piercing or a complete tear may have allergies to common metals such as nickel. The tear can be repaired. If it is close to the bottom of the lobe, likely your surgeon will recommend converting it to a complete tear, and repairing. If you plan to re-pierce the ears, likely a flap such as a z-plasty will be used. Afterwards, I would recommend using only hypo-allergenic metals such as stainless steel, silver, and gold earrings.
No home remedy for torn earlobe
Ear lobe repair
- I am sorry your ear lobe is torn.
- There is no home remedy for this -
- The fee you have been quoted is reasonable but you may find a plastic surgeon outside San Francisco who will fix your ear for less.
Ripped Earlobe Piercing Repair #earloberepairseattle
- You have an impending tear of your earlobe piercing.
- With time your stretched piercing will likely tear completely through.
- The stretched piercing you have may be repaired by a plastic surgeon using a local anesthetic.
- The procedure itself isn't very painful at all, and after 6 weeks I allow my patients to have their earlobes re-pierced.
- There is no home remedy to repair the stretched or torn earlobe.
- Thanks for sharing.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.