I had Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty August 8th which was about 2 weeks ago. (photos)

My nose is very tender and very swollen. This is not my concern, i knew it would swell, my concern is the blackheads. I started wearing makeup 1 week post operation, i wear makeup everyday now to work. So of course there are a lot of blackheads on my nose. How can i clean them? i know i cannot extract them because it hurts when i touch it. I tape it at night which also causes the blackheads and clogged pores. Can i use something like St Ives to exfoliate my skin? My nose feels so dirty.

I had Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty August 8th which was about 2 weeks ago

Dear TinaYou should ask your surgeon to see what he likes. In my practice, I would recommend you use a facewash from Peter-Thomas-Roth, available at Sephora, peach colored bottle called antiaging facewash. Use it as a gel and leave on for 5-6 minutes and then gently wash off. Best of luck.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Oil skin after rhinoplasty

Hi,The oily skin, black heads etc are all very normal after rhinoplasty. Definitely, you should give your surgeon a call to see what they usually recommend for treatment. I tell my patients that they can use their normal cleansers and face washing routines after one week. Of course, the discomfort and taping can exacerbate the issue. This is temporary and part of the recovery. Hope you will like your final results. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post rhinoplasty care

I suggest you give your surgeon's office a call as they know exactly what was done during the procedure and may have a simple answer to your question that adheres to their post op instructions.  Also, they may have a gentle cleanser to help you with your nose as I know we carry different ones in my office for this very reason! Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon