I have uneven nostrils and I hate my front on profile as it is not symmetrical. (photos)

What can be done to fix it?

Uneven nostrils

thanks for the question and the pictures. The images are a little fuzzy but I can see some mild asymmetry . From the limited glimpse of your nose it looks pretty good to me but sometimes these problems are easier to see in person than in a photo so I would recommend you have a consultation with a rhinoplasty expert with access to imaging so you can demonstrate what bothers you and the surgeon can show the results of proposed treatment . If the deformity is very mild it may be best to leave things alone but only a thorough assessment can give you the full picture

#rhinoplasty

Hi Loz.The asymmetry between your nostrils is very minor and there is likely to still be slight asymmetries after a rhinoplasty. A tip rhinoplasty could certainly refine the tip and make it more aesthetically pleasing but it may not address the issue you are worried about.RegardsDamien

Asymmetry of nostrils

I think your "uneven nostrils" aren't bad enough to warrant surgery. The risks of surgery outweigh any  potential improvement.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

A rhinoplasty would address any of the asymmetries that currently exist with your nose.  I recommend consulting with several Board-Certified plastic surgeons.  He or she will examine you, create a simulation based on what your nose could look like after surgery, and develop a plan tailored to your individual needs and wishes.

Uneven nostrils and front profile

Thank you for your question and photographs.I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. You may also want to consider an alarplasty which is a technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon