How many syringes of Restylane will I need for tear troughs? (Photo)

Will restyline help? How much is typically used? what is the typical cost? I need this ASAP for a special event. I just had two stringed in my lips, but my dermatologist won't inject the eye area. Although she did put a tiny Botox under my eyes. Locals, please chime in- I need an experienced injector.

Filler injections for tear trough - Microcannula Injections for a bruiseless and pain free experience

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. We usually recommend 1 syringe of Restylane for the
majority of our patients as a starting point. It is always easy to add more, whereas over filling can look
odd and can be more noticeable than the hollows themselves. In our practice, we use a blunt tipped
microcannula technique, which practically eliminates bruising and only requires 1 needle stick on either side. I
recommend consulting with a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon, oculofacial plastic surgeon, or plastic surgeon who uses the microcannula technique in order to achieve the best outcome possible. In our opinion, there is never a reason to inject the delicate tear trough with a needle, as is still being done in most practices.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tear Troughs

Thank you for your question. It is hard to tell your candidacy based on your photographs but typically 1/2 a syringe to 1 syringe per side is an estimate of product typically used. It is individualized and depends on the individuals volume loss and goals. I would recommend an in person consultation to determine your true candidacy and discuss the amount of product.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Tear Troughs

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Restylane TT

Yes you are an excellent candidate for Restylane silk in the lower lid/tear trough area. I would recommend a half cc per lid so one syringe in total for your treatment. I use a non-bruising, blunt tip cannula for his area to minimize bruising and swelling and I numb up my patients with a dental block. Having a background in oculoplastic surgery, I have injected thousands of syringes of filler for this area and my patients do just great. Best of luck. 

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane TT

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear trough filler

Yes, I think you would benefit from filler to your tear troughs. I use Restylane in the tear trough area. Typically I use 1 syringe and divide it between both sides. There will be some swelling and possible bruising so make sure you have enough recovery time before your special event.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in tear trough injections. Best wishes.

Tear trough filler

Tear trough filler injection

Thanks for your question.  A fraction of one syringe (1 cc) should do the job.  I usually inject between 0.15 and at most 0.25 ccs to each side.  You do appear to have fatty bags and without surgery they can only be partially camouflaged and not eliminated by filler.  Remember, you can always add more if necessary so start conservatively and enjoy.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tear trough filler injection

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Restylane to Tear Troughs

Typically I like to start with 1 syringe of Restylane for the tear troughs (½ syringe per side).  I also prefer to use a cannula most of the time to reduce the risk of bruising and swelling.  I would recommend that you find an experienced injector who is comfortable using a cannula in this area.
Regards.
Dr. Ort

Restylane to Tear Troughs

Regards.
Dr. Ort

Tear troughs

First of all your pictures are not showing the tear troughs but the upper eyelids. what is it you want? as far as tear troughs it usually takes less than 0.5 cc to do both undereyes. see an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Tear troughs

Simple

One of Restylane Silk.  Ive had great results with it.  Lasts about a year.  Only take minutes to do it.

Miguel Gallegos, MD, FACS
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Simple

Miguel Gallegos, MD, FACS
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

How much filler is needed in the tear troughs?

Thank you for sharing your question. You appear in the photos to require a single 1cc syringe of Restylane. Additional filler can be injected at a follow up visit if one syringe is not sufficient.
Good luck,

Good luck,

Restylane - Tear Troughs

Thank you for your question and photos. I typically inject one syringe of Restylane to each tear trough. I would caution you about getting this injection too close to a 'special event' as patients commonly experience swelling and/or bruising for about three days following injection.  Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who routinely performs tear trough injections. Hope this helps.

Restylane - Tear Troughs