Do I need more lip filler? I had .5 ml and can't see any difference. (photos)

I had .5 ml of Restylane 3 weeks ago in my top lip, I loved the results on day one but after the swelling had gone down I can't see any difference other than a fuller lip above my actual lips. My lips are not symmetrical naturally which I noticed more after having the filler. I've asked the doctor to put another .5 ml in but she said no and to wait for a few months. Why is this and if I do wait then should I get 1ml instead of .5 ml or will this then look unnatural? I've attached photos...

#LipFiller

Dear Glowgirl:

You would probably be happier with further augmentation and subtle correction of the asymmetry of your upper lip. Another 0.5 ml could be perfect!

Dr. Clark

Restylane - Do I need more in my lips?

Thank you for your question and photos. You would benefit from additional Restylane injections to both the upper and lower lips. 0.5 ml is a small quantity and will only produce subtle results. There is no reason why you need to wait a "few months" prior to receiving more filler. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these injections. Hope this helps.

Restylane 0.5 ml for lip augmentation

From the photos that you have provided it appears that you could certainly handle another 0.5cc of Restylane to your lips.  There is definitely some correction to the lip asymmetry that you have pointed out but additional filler into your lips should be directed towards increasing the fullness of the both sides of the lip with the majority of product used to better define the weaker side of your upper lip and increase the fullness.  

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Extra lip filler

Thank you for the question. Yes, you could use a little more Resylane in the lips. Make sure an experienced oculofacial surgeon performs the procedure. Good luck.

0.5 ml filler in lip

0.5 mls placed in the lips is not a lot filler. Best to be evaluated in person if you desire more filler product. I often start with 1 cc for the top and bottom and sometimes add an additional syringe.

More lip filler?

There is no reason to slow roll the injections. Nothing is going to change 3 weeks out from filler injections. They are not going to improve without additional volume. Based on the photos it appears that you can handle the additional volume/definition.  

If that goes nowhere, you may wish to get a second opinion.

Best wishes!

Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane and Lips

I love injecting lips to give a natural results.  You had a very small amount of product injected into the lips and I would definitely add more and not wait since you need more product and are not symmetrical.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green