Will I need someone at home after traditional brachioplasty? I live alone.

Thank you.

It’s best to have some assistance immediately following any surgery.

This is an important issue and one you should discuss with your doctor before your surgery. Being alone after a surgery is never advisable, and you may need someone to help you engage in your normal day-to-day activities. If you have a trusted friend or family member who would be available to stay with you for at least 24 to 48 hours after surgery, you should explore that option. If not, talk with your surgeon about other options that are available including recovery centers or in-home assistants.

A very good idea to have someone at home after brachioplasty

After brachioplasty, can can be difficult to do even simple things for the first few days. it is very useful to have someone at home with you. If not, you can also hire some help. Discuss the matter with your surgeon.

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in brachioplasty / arm lift.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Always a smart idea to have someone at home with you after surgery, including following a brachioplasty.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift | Recovery

Thank you for your question about arm lift.

Yes, it is always a good idea to have someone with you for the first couple of days after undergoing surgery under anesthesia.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have arm lift surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

How much help at home after traditional brachioplasty (arm lift)

Thank you for asking about your brachioplasty (arm lift).

• Assuming you have general anesthesia, you will be required to have someone take you home and be with you for the first night.
  • After that, it depends on your planning, pets and health but it will be much easier to have someone with you at least during the day for 3 days after surgery -
  • You must not do work around the house or look after any pets.
  • Discuss your situation with your surgeon to be sure the planning is right for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Recovery after brachioplasty

Hello and thank you for your question! This is very good question and one that hopefully you can discuss at your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. It is always best not to be alone after any type of procedure requiring anesthesia. Especially when the procedure pertains to your upper extremities. You will have definite restrictions and pain control issues that having someone there can a major factor in a good outcome after your procedure. 
Good luck in proceeding!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Adult to assist you after a brachioplasty

It is always good to have a responsible adult assist you for the first day after surgery.  There are recovery centers that specialize in overnight stays for individuals in your same situation.  Ask your plastic surgeon for suggestions.  

After care

It is recommended to have someone with you for the first 24-48 hours after your surgery.  The first night is good to have someone there to check on you, help you up to use the restroom, and give you the correct medications. The second day once anesthesia has worn off and you are more alert, you can do a little bit more alone.
Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you will need a reliable caretaker after surgery (at least 24-48 hrs)- as you have to keep your activity level  to a minimum. In our Practice we offer overnight stays after surgery. Please, discuss with your chosen Surgeon your options

In my practice I require someone to be a care giver until vision is not blocked by swelling!.>>>>>>>>>>