Does the filler voluma move after it settles?

Wandering Voluma? Not So Much.

Voluma should not move after it is injected. When I inject Voluma, I am able to mold it and shift its position a little right after I inject. Within a few days, however, the body grows into the injection area and anchors the filler down. Think of Voluma like injecting a scaffolding. Over the days and weeks after injection, the body deposits collagen and connective tissue inside the empty spaces of the scaffolding. I've injected several thousand syringes and I've never seen it migrate. Becasue Voluma lasts for such a long time in the body and because it is such a good sculpting agent, be sure to go to an experienced injector to get the most out of your Voluma treatment. 
Hope that helps!

Voluma does not move

No, Voluma does not move. When it is initially injected, it is malleable which is how your surgeon was able to move it around with his thumb and fingers. But after a few days, it is permanent. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question in regards to Voluma. With proper placement, voluma should not migrate to another area after being injected. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Can Voluma migrate

Voluma is somewhat malleable right after injection.  However it is very unlikely it can migrate after injection.  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Does Voluma move after it settles?

Voluma will not migrate after injection. At the time if injection it can be massaged to optimize the shape, but rest assured that it will not move around.

Best wishes!  Harry V. Wright MD, Sarasota, Florida

Harry V. Wright, MD
Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma Results

No, after injected Voluma will not "migrate" to another area on the face. It really shouldn't with proper placement.  Please consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Does the filler Voluma move after it settles?

I have not seen this occur and I inject ALOT of Voluma. Once the product has settled (2-3 days) it is very difficult to move around. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Moving of Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma is a thicker hyaluronic acid dermal filler and as a result is not as malleable and moldable as some of the others - restylane and juvederm - and does not have a propensity to migrating.  Hope this helps.

Voluma

Voluma is my favorite injection for the mid-face. It is soft and natural and lasts a long time.  Since it is injected deeply it cannot move after the injection.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma should not move after it settles. Voluma is a thick, tacky product that acts like scaffolding to lift the cheek. Once placed, it can be immediately molded but after that, doesn't move much.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon