Follow-up Question: How many units of hyaluronidase to dissolve voluma? 6th treatment and it is still there

3 months voluma injected 2 ml. i had vitrase 6-7 times, but the dosages used by doctors were low . 75 ml of voluma got btw 40 to 125 units, 4 days ago 125 units of vitrase, barely any visible effect) 40-50 units per area injected with 50 -55 ml of voluma. hardly working , dose must be too low. how many units can you safely inject without hurting my skin? does the approach of injecting little vitrase work eventually and soften/break down the filler? any voluma reversal experts in ny?

Hello Hopexo,

There is no set dose for how much Vitrase (hyaluronidase) to inject to dissolve filler, which is why you have seen such a wide variety used on you.  There is no real risk from a higher dose of Vitrase.  But you have described receiving over 200 units which should have taken care of most of your Voluma.  The fat that you notice some is still present it could represent swelling from your injections.  I would give it at least another 2 weeks before any further injections to let your swelling go down and evaluate to determine if any product is still present.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

No set answer

There is no set answer.
Your doctor should consider upping the doses if you are not responding to the Vitrase.

How many units of hyaluronidase to dissolve Voluma

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately there is no set dosing schedule between hyaluronidase and the hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers.  I have found good results with using between 15-20 units of Vitrase for every tenth of a cc of filler deposited per treatment session.  Hope this helps.