After the mommy makeover, how long should I keep the compression socks on?

You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon, who should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), that you trust and are comfortable with. It is important to follow all of his or her instructions.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

When it comes to postop instructions it is best to follow instructions from your surgeon as he or she has the most info about your surgery. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Hello dear, thanks for your post, as you know each patient is different, and everyone swollen is not the same. This will depend onn your surgeon. I recommend to ask to your doctors because each surgeon has their own politic. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Compression stockings

It is best to check with your surgeon for specific post operative instructions, as they will vary between surgeons, as well as patients.  The compression stockings are beneficial in decreasing risk for blood clots, which is especially helpful after surgery when you are not up and moving around as you normally would be.  

Camille Cash, MD

Compression socks

You should wear them as long as your post-operative instructions say to wear them. Your surgeon knows best regarding your health, activity level, risk factors and how much surgery was done.Best wishes!

Thank you for your question. Normally all depends on your surgeon recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will have stiches and bandages on the inner parts of your extremities which will be removed after the 10th day. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be. as every surgeons techniques defer but in normal case 3 to 6 weeks

Post-op compression socks

Most patients can discontinue the socks when they are walking regularly. However you should wear them on airplanes or long drives for six weeks following surgery.

Let us know if this is helpful.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Compression Socks

Thank you for your question .Compression socks can be extremely helpful in the healing process. Speak with your surgeon directly and ask their recommendations about how long to wear the socks it can vary between patients. 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS