Weight after Mommy makeover. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm planning to go for mommy makeover (TT, breast aug and thighs lipo) in few weeks. However, i have about 17lb extra weight and wonder if losing such amount after surgery will affect The final result?? My surgeon said it is up to me to lose that weight prior surgery? I would appreachiate having some opinions! Thx

Weight after Mommy makeover. Any suggestions?

This is such a great question so thanks for asking. Yes, yes, yes. You should lose as much weight as possible as this will give you the optimal result. The worst thing would be is to have a great operation then loose a bunch of weight and then having a bunch of loose skin again. So I would try to lose the weight if you can. 

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Mommy Makeover

To achieve the best possible result, it is best to be at your goal weight prior to surgery. Best of luck!

Mommy makeover and weight loss

Thank you for your question.  If you're determined to lose that weight, do it before your surgery rather than after for optimal results.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Weight Loss After Mommy Makeover

I recommend that my patients be within 10 pounds of their ideal weight prior to surgery.  Following surgery, I would rather they focus on eating a nutritious diet of protein to promote healing rather than continuing to lose weight.  Suggest that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed these multiple procedures for a MM so that you can discuss whether additional weight loss is even necessary or advised.  All the best!

Weight loss prior to operation

Thank you for posting pictures. My criteria for ideal weight is to be within 10lbs of your goal, I have never seen 10lbs of weight loss after surgery to be detrimental to the result or prevent me from getting the optimal result at the time of surgery. Best of Luck! Dr. K 

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would try to maintain a healthy diet and exercise until you reach the day of your procedure. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy make-over - pros and cons of weight loss before surgery

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• First of all, you should not go on a crash diet before surgery.
  • If you can lose ten pounds - with exercise, fewer calories and keep it off - then losing part of the weight before makes sense.
  • But don't lose it all - lose a bit afterwards.
  • Liposuction removes fat and that fat returns to new areas unless you lose about 5 pounds after surgery.Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. You appear to be an excellent candidate for your scheduled procedures. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Hope this helps and good luck.