My nose hump is getting bigger. Any suggestions?

Ever since I began high school people have been noticing the small hump on my nose. Ever since I've been pressing it everyday. My nose would be red most of the day. To this day I can definitely see it has become bigger. I've been told that its just swelling thats making it look bigger but I dont think so. When I go to bed It looks even worse and thats when I start pressing the hump again. Have I perhaps broken my nose bone or damaged the cartilage for my nose to have gotten bigger?

Nose bump getting bigger

There are many possible causes for a bump on the nose including the ones you mention.  You should schedule an appointment with a rhinoplasty surgeon for a complete evaluation and to discuss the cause and possible treatment options

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bump

All of these could be possible regarding your nasal bump. It is difficult to say what is wrong with your nose without reviewing photos. Your next step should be to schedule a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon to get a thorough evaluation including photos and computer imaging to better understand the procedure and to clarify expectations. Best of luck to you.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose becomming larger

you should consider stopping pressing on your nose as it may be making is larger. This may be occurring as you may be irritating the underlying tissues resulting in more scar tissue. Scar tissue may feel quite firm. This is just a consideration. Your nose may also be naturally growing. It seems that you are concerned about a hump which can be eliminated with a closed rhinoplasty.  A consultation would be helpful.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

My Nose is Getting Bigger

It is not uncommon for a nose to increase in size as an individual becomes more physically mature. Massaging your bridge will not change the underlying bone growth. Your only irritating the skin and subcutaneous tissue.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump reduction

The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down surgically to remove it. Pressing on it manually will do nothing. Once the hump has been shaved down, osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to narrow the bridge line. Closed rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish the goals of hump removal. For many examples, see the link below

Rhinoplasty is the only way to reduce your hump.

Rhinoplasty is the only way to reduce your hump. Pressing it will not do anything except make it red and larger if scar forms.