What are the best implants? I'm getting gummy bear round high profile. (Photo)

I've been contemplating having breast augmentation for several years. I have finally committed, and am scheduled for surgery on July 5th. Although I'm excited, I still feel confused. I had my pre-op consult and sizing today. I'm 39 years old, 5'5, 125lbs, and a mother of two. I wanted to go big, and decided on 485cc round, high profile gummy bear implants. I thought of 505cc, but am still undecided. Does anyone have these implants? How do you like them? Do they feel and look natural?

485 or 505cc breast implants?

The difference in size is so minimal. You're looking at just over a single tablespoon! Most patients do better when they err on the side of going bigger in their decision between two sizes. Those that do not usually end up wishing they had gone bigger.  Given the photos you show that you like, I'd suggest considering Natrelle Inspira SRX would be the way to go. It will give you the projection and shape you're desiring. The photos shown also look like you may want to consider implants larger than 500cc in order to get that look. Most women report that using the new silicone gel implants produces very natural feeling breasts.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

.

What are the best implants size? I'm getting gummy bear round high profile. = the ones you choose #ba #breastimplants

All the silicone breast implants available in the US are excellent devices for breast augmentation.

I particularly like more Sientra silicone breast implants because their shape, texture, capsular contraction rates and most importantly, they are sold only to board certified plastic surgeons ( so no dentist, gynecologist, general surgeons or other plastic surgeon-wanna bees can place them).

The best size of breast implant is the one the patient, not the surgeon chooses. No patient should go to the operating room with doubts about the size they want. 

Any patient with second thoughts about their breast implant size should follow up with their plastic surgeon and confirm the size of the implants before they go under the knife.

John Mesa, MD

Breast implant size

The difference in 485 and 505 is minimal and I usually recommend if a patient is stuck between two close sizes to round up to the larger. There seems to be less post op concern if they do. Your final look and feel will have more to do with how your implants are placed. I would do a dual plane dissection and generally I think this gives the most natural result and best chance at long term softness. I think your cleavage will improve some, but your surgeon has to put your implants directly behind the nipples. Good uplift bras make a lot more cleavage than surgeons do. Good luck.

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

What are the best implants? I'm getting gummy bear round high profile.

• Good questions.  
  • Generally speaking, much of the final look and feel achieved after breast augmentation surgery depends on several factors:
  • 1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
  • 2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing long-term well-placed breast implants. Careful measurements (dimensional planning) and careful selection of breast implant size/profile are part of the surgeon's responsibilities.
  • I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone) or model (low/moderate/high profile) of implant.
  • 3. The type of implant used may determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. In other words, if a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
  • 4. The size and model of breast implant used may make a significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “big” or “D or DD cup” etc.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
  • I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Large breast implants = higher risk for complications

While I agree that your wish pics are indeed beautiful, those women did not start out with your degree of sagginess, so please do not expect the same results. You will need a breast lift before contemplating an increase of volume that high. Should you decide to move forward without a lift, your surgeon will need to cut a lot more tissue to make them fit, thus potentially making it easier for them to become displaced or malpositioned  (dual plane approach) sooner. Please know that breast implants are not life time devices. The larger they are - the heavier they are - the sooner they will move out of place. Please consider a smaller size or be ready to wear supportive bras 24/7 to help minimize complications.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

The size in volume difference is ONLY 20 cc's!!!!!which is NOTHING!!!! The real issue is if you need lift?

Implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
I prefer use the Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Inspira Srx

Roundest implant available today would be Srx highest profile silicone rather than gummy bear. I do not prefer gummy bear or anatomical implants in your body because of rotation problems and less fullness upper poie.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS