Will the rippling go away in time? (photos)

I just want to know if I will ever have normal looking breasts after the capsule removal and lift. My PS has already advised me that the right would be smaller than the left.

Breast implant removal and lift - will I look normal again?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal and lift.

• How long ago did you have surgery?
  • It takes about six months to see your final result.
  • If surgery was recent, then expect to see slow steady improvement as swelling subsides and healing continues.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Will the rippling go away in time?

It takes several weeks for the breast to settle and take shape.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Will the rippling go away in time?

Depends how much time has passed. May want to discuss with your surgeon if more than 6 months have passed since surgery. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. The rippling will likely not go away and may even increase over time as the tissue swelling continues to resolve. This can be a difficult problem especially in revision surgery where the soft tissues have been affected through previous surgery. One alternative would be the placement of fat which would essentially allow the transfer of volume from one part of your body to the breasts. This would improve the contour deformity and also facilitate further volume if you desired to increase your breast size. In any case I would certainly recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon