Is it important to wear compression vest after the surgery? I am about a week post op and my doc told no need of it

Firstly I don't know about gynaecomastia I though it was some tumor so i met my general surgeon and he told nothing to worry. He did the operation one week ago and I was shocked after seeing my chest during dressing. I am very worried about my small crater formation after the surgery and the scar will it be corrected or I need any revision please help me In getting through these problems. My crater region is soft will muscle gets build over time.

Using a Compression Garment After a Gynecomastia Surgery

Our patients are required to wear a compression garment for the a few weeks following their #Gynecomastia surgery. The #compression garment helps to reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal.We recommend it not be removed, at all, until the second or third day after the surgery. After that, we suggest they feel free to temporarily remove the #garment for showering or laundering only. We encourage our patients to maintain circumferential pressure for 4-6 weeks, but they may switch to an exercise compression garment when advised.

However, each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. Your board-certified surgeon will recommend the use of the garment, or not, depending on your individual case and surgical procedure. Therefore, if you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Compression garment

I recommend my patients wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction male breast reduction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia Reduction) by liposuction requires compression garments for three main reasons:
  1. it restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
  2. It decreases the amount of bruising
  3. It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking

Compression after Male Breast reduction surgery

I think that the must importan Care after this procedure is the uses of the compression gargment for a period of a month after the correction of the Gynecomastia to avoid the excesive swelling. Have seen very strong edema in patients that don't use it correctly and have to wait a lot of time to see the final result.

Luis Lopez Tallaj, MD