I injured my upper lip 12 years ago and the doctor stitched it and this scar was there. Any suggestion?

Should i go for Laser(C02) or Surgery. What are the chances of it being almost invisible. My lip even where the scar isnt there, also has grown thick. Will Laser or Surgery make that back to original. The scar starts changing its position (and hence changes its size, mostly to more puffed) after being irritated alot, will this property go after Laser? Doctors say that if i undergo surgery rather than laser, it will make the scar go back to normal.

Scars on the lips

Lasers will do little to improve your atrophic and malaligned scar. A surgical scar revision will help even out contour and correct the dynamic scar problems of a lip scar. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles