Is it normal to have loose skin around eyes after Rhinoplasty?

It's already been over a year since my surgery. The doctor said that nothing was wrong, but I still feel as if the skin around my eyes have gotten looser. Even when I do get enough sleep some people say that I look like I got punched or that I look tired. This worries me because it's already been a year and I don't want to look like this forever. I'm only 19. What can I do to solve this?

Loose skin after rhinoplasty

Your rhinoplasty would not have generated loose skin under the eyes.  Typically, once you've had a rhinoplasty that has been done well you start to focus on other things.  Such is life!  But have no fear.  You still have some good options available.  Consider tear trough injections with something like Juvederm to subtly improve the area or even consider a topical peel to improve and tighten the skin.  Lots of ways to conceal and improve this issue.  Find a qualified injector or facial plastic surgery specialist in your area to help you out.  Best!

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid skin after rhinoplasty

You probably have had loose eyelid skin all along and are just noticing it more after your rhinoplasty.  The rhinoplasty surgery should not affect skin after swelling has resolved.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta  Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Loose skin around eyes after rhinoplasty.

Sorry but we have no explanation, and loose skin around your eyes is not something that would be related to your rhinoplasty. There are solutions such as concealers and fillers thet you could explore.

It's possible

Victoria: Thanks for your question.  You are far enough out that you are unlikely to have any swelling left in the skin to explain this change.  One possibility is that if your nose size was significantly reduced (looks to be a pretty significant reduction) then there is less tension on the skin of your face and the eyelid skin sags a bit more.  The most likely explanation is that now that you like your nose better, you are focusing on your lower eyelids more!  To be honest, your lower eyelids look about the same to me in the 2 photos.  Best of luck. 

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon