Pre-op: Tummy Tuck and Bbl 2 Months after giving birth. Will I still have great results?

I'm 25 and currently pregnant.i will be giving birth May 15th naturally and this is my husband and I last baby. I'm also getting a tubal ligation. I'm scheduled for my tummy tuck and bbl July 8th. I only gained 20 with this pregnancy and I'm 5'10 and 220 lbs , so I'm close to my ideal weight and very healthy. I have plenty of help at home and will be off 3 months. Will I still have great results only being 8 weeks post baby?

When to Get a Mommy Makeover

It's suggested to wait at least 6 months after pregnancy to undergo a Mommy Makeover. Additionally, your weight should also be stable for at least 6 months.
#Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  Most importantly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures included with a Mommy Makeover. . Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

When to Get a Mommy Makeover

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

3 Months After Breast Feeding

Hi 2sexysoon88,

In our practice, we won't operate on a mother until she is 3 months out from breast feeding. There are many reasons for this and it's best for you to wait until you are ready for optimum results

Enjoy your new baby and best of luck!

-Dr. Millard

3 Months After Breast Feeding

Hi 2sexysoon88,

Enjoy your new baby and best of luck!

-Dr. Millard

Tummy tuck and BBL 2 months after delivery

Thank you for your mommy make-over question.
  • Two months after the baby is early - you  may still be swollen and may have weight to lose,
  • If doing it now is essential, it can be done.
  • If you are breast feeding - you must postpone surgery. Best wishes.

To months may be a bit early after childbirth to undergone abdominoplasty.

This is a judgment call but I would be slightly reluctant operate on a mother two months after childbirth. However if you're medically stable it's certainly not the wrong thing to do.

Tummy Tuck and Bbl 2 Months after giving birth. Will I still have great results?

Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. I generally do not recommend surgery  postpartum for at least 6 months  as your tissues/body continues to change after having a baby. This is particularly true if you are breast-feeding. Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Most patients I see are not ready for “mommy makeover” surgery 2 months after delivery. If in doubt,  postpone your surgery; best to give your body a chance to bounce back and your infant the chance to know her mother, before putting yourself through the stress of a major operation. Best wishes.

Gluteal shaping two months after new baby

Congratulations on your new addition to your family. If you Dresher plastic surgery judgment and he or she has deemed you ready two months after delivery of your baby then you must trust that judgment.  I typically like to wait at least three to six months after delivery of a child before performing any body contouring surgery.

Good look.

Earl Stephenson Jr, M.D. DDS FACS

Good look.

Earl Stephenson Jr, M.D. DDS FACS

Congratulations on the new baby.  I advise women that surgery should be done no earlier than 6 months post-partum and that they be back at their pre baby weight or within 20 lbs. of their ideal weight.  This gives the surgeon a realistic idea of what the patient is trying to achieve. This will also ensure proper healing geared directly to their cosmetic procedure(s) and not to the healing that is currently taking place following a pregnancy. Speak with your surgeon and be direct with your questions as to what type of result you can expect following your surgery.

Tuck right after pregnancy

Good morning!

Congrats on your new baby!  As far as abdominoplasty surgery right after pregnancy, two months is cutting it a bit close IMO.  It takes several months for your uterus to completely recede in size after pregnancy, and this may influence how tight of a tummy tuck is possible.  I counsel my patients to wait four months after pregnancy before embarking on an abdominoplasty.

I hoep this helps

Tuck right after pregnancy

Good morning!

I hoep this helps