Am I being realistic to want a nose like Jessica Alba? Her nose is so tiny and cute. (Photo)

I have hated my nose as long as I can remember, I am looking forward to getting a nose job soon I just don't want to be disappointed for having high expectations. I think my nose makes me look masculine, I have an oval face and that doesn't help. I would love to have a tiny nose I just don't know if they could actually get it to be that tiny with the type of nose I have. What would you say is the smallest I can get it realistically speaking? can the bridge be lowered all the way down?

Desire Nose Like Jessica Alba

Every day during consultations patients describe noses they would like; Jessica Alba's is very popular - you have good taste. Rhinoplasty in the hands of an experienced specialist will reduce and refine your nose making it more feminine. It can never be as "tiny" as Jessica's because of your thicker skin. I do encourage you to consider the operation because it will make a significant difference,

Getting a nose that is similar to Jessica Alba?

A rhinoplasty can remove your hump, refine your tip,  straighten your nose, etc. and create a more feminine and attractive nose. It can be similar to Jessica Alba but not exactly the same. Choose a very experienced surgeon who does natural noses and do not rely on imaging as a result. You need to assess the surgeons work on real people.

Rhinoplasty / Nose like Jessica Alba

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing photos. My advise would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure you are comfortable with the doctor you choose and he has experience with rhinoplasty operations. Check for online reviews and before and after photos. You may never get the exact same nose as Jessica Alba but thats normal since everyone's face is different and your nose would be surgically modified to suit your facial features. Good luck with your future surgery.

First, you can never make your nose look like anyone else.  However, we can achieve significant enhancements to make your nose have some of the same characteristics that you like about her nose.  Good luck and be safe. 

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Be realistic

A similar style of nose is perfectly feasible, but only in very very good hands, beware of unrealistic promises for "catalogue" noses, that is science-fiction.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Can My Rhinoplasty result in a nose like Jessica Alba

Dear Lo Nobles, You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and should have a very nice result allowing you a more refined nose that is similar to Jessica Alba's nose. Reducing the hump, and refining the tip should help add the more feminine appearance to your facial aesthetics that you desire. During consultation digital imaging can be performed showing you what your expected results would be. This will allow you to see these proposed changes and how they look with your facial features. Once this is done then your surgeon can discuss with you what needs to be done surgically to attain the desired result. Rhinoplasty is a very rewarding surgery for both patient and surgeon alike. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Am I being realistic to want a nose like Jessica Alba?

Your expectations are not unrealistic.  You may not have the exact nose as Jessica Alba, but you can certainly have a smaller, more refined nose that will suit your face.  The result should be natural and feminine without looking 'done'.  See someone with much experience in rhinoplasty surgery for the best result.

The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty). You need to be very realistic about the potential results

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not
be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty expectations

Hi Lo Nobles. Thanks for your question. it is definitely possible to have a more elegant refined nose that suits your face. The dorsal hump can be taken down, and the nasal tip cartilages can be refined and made narrower. Overall, your nose will look smaller and more elegant. I would advise finding a rhinoplasty specialist to guarantee natural results. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for realistic results

While it is possible to refine the nose, it is impossible to give patients  a celebrity looking nose.  Closed rhinoplasty techniques can give refinement of the nasal tip, and shaving down the dorsal hump to look similar to model pictures. Experience really does matter, so choose your rhinoplasty surgeon wisely for best results