Laser hair removal.

Hello I've been having laser hair removal for facial hair for the past 4 months my skin type is Black , I've had four treatments with yag laser but it's not effective I mean the hair does not grow back as more but it does a little and little bumps appear once in a while under my neck , what should I do?

Laser Hair Removal and Brown Skin

I agree with the answers posted and I would add this: the more hair you have, the more likely you are need more treatment. In my experience, 6 treatments are an average number. We want patients to get this number so we offer them the sixth one free when they purchase  package of 5. We love it when the patient is happy, and I don't think you have had enough treatment yet. Try to come in every 3- 4 weeks . If you space the treatment too far apart then you  won't get as good results.Be Well,Beverly A. Johnson, MD

Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Bumps post laser

NaeM96 you have chosen the best laser for your skin type.  It is common for patients to get ingrown hairs post laser treatments.  It may be helpful to wash the area with an acne cleanser with salicylic acid between treatments. You should discuss any post treatment reactions with your physician or laser tech.

Laser hair removal

Thank you for your question NaeM96. Laser hair removal is a common cosmetic treatment. Nd:YAG laser is the safest for dark skin types. Settings are adjusted to prevent burns. Typically a longer series of treatments is required with such a laser (up to 10 treatments rather than 6-8). Patience is important. The hair should get thinner with each treatment. Bumps around hair follicles are common. They can occur with irritation such as that from shaving. Over time with a series of laser hair removal treatments this improves. Please follow up with your doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician